Monday, September 21, 2009

And release...!


Well, finally here! I've had a few of you holding your breath these past couple of weeks.... I thought it time to put you all at ease and let you know that I arrived safely and am currently still adjusting to the weather, the culture and all that fun stuff*
I haven't taken many pictures yet but I already have many stories to tell! As some of you may or may not know, I'm volunteering at both a maternity clinic and orphanage here in Calapan City... so please pardon the somewhat graphic nature with which I may use to describe any future events in the birthing clinic (mom, please beware*)...
More personally, I must start by saying that this is quite a dream come true for me... even though I may not realize what it is. I have a feeling that I've done something right... and I have exactly six months (give or take :P) to find out why God has brought me here and what he's trying to do in me. Being the short-sighted mortal that I am, this may take a while.
So please, by all means be sure to come along for the ride... it will certainly be a wild one!

6 comments:

  1. I think Alana and I are racing to see who can post a comment first. Did I win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAWEEEEET!!! Super excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
    (yes, Ree... you won...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff, Karina. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina, God is already using you for his purposes-He is in you! Your big smile tells me you have found your sweet spot!! We are very proud of you and look forward to following your adventures and thoughts! Talk to you soon!!

    ps. you can follow our journey at: westendjesusfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to finally get some news. Phew!!! Don't know if my frist blog comment made it through. (Think it's lost!) Blessings Karina!
    I'm proud of you!
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you made it safe. Working hard I see. I can relate more than you know. Once upon a time, when I was your age I was an ER orderly and home orderly. I did that for almost 8 years on and off.

    Not exactly the same thing, you get more rewards! Blessings and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete